cells change depending on time

I am trying to create a little visualization for myself. I have a sheet set up to convert miles into time and it tells me the start time/date and end time/date and throws flags when either an amount of time or drive time is exceeded. I would like to be able to have it color cells by timed events on a time line set up for example A1-A7 are the days of the week and the A2 threw ?? being the hours in a day starting at 12am . It would be great if the hours could be divided into 15 minute intervals to be more precise.

For instance a trip starting 02/08/2016 07:00:00 AM from Chicago, IL to Charlotte, NC is 770 miles ending 02/09/2016 011:24:00 AM. I would like to be able to do something like: Yellow = OnDuty, Green = Driving, Red = OffDuty

Like 4am-7am = Green, 7am-9am = yellow, 9am-4pm green, 4pm_Monday-2am_Tuesday Red and so forth. I have cells that create the above hours just don’t know how to make it an actual time/day from the trip start time.

I doubt any of that even makes sense lol, I thought I was getting close but wiped it because I could not figure out how to get it to start on the desired day/time.