Change Cell Value (C2) depending on the month entered in another Cell (B2)

Please I need some help.

I have a sum of money in C1 that is $30 as of March 2024 (B1). Would it be possible to calculate the value of C2, which is $30 (C1) plus 3% interest for every month after March 2024 (B2).

Thank you very much.

Interest.ods (8.7 KB)

this is probably overkill : Financial Functions Part One
since you apparently just need in C2 : =C1*1.03
then select extend to your time span.

ps.

Thank you for the help. But would it be possible to do this by changing only the date in B2? I would just input one future date in B2, and it will give me an answer in C2.

Yes, but you’re going to have to supply more information about what exactly you’re trying to calculate. What do you define as “every month after March”, is it any day in April, or is it 30 days after the 1st of March, or something else.

If you give us the whole problem you’re trying to solve we can try to come up with not only a formula to do something but the best way to do it in a spreadsheet.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Basically, I just want to know what is the Value of C2, after I input any month (after March 2024) in B2.

Example, if I input May 2025, what would be the value of C2, given that it is C1 plus 3% interest per month. Or if I input April 2026, what is the value of C2?

I hope I explained my problem well.

Hallo

=C$1 * 1.03^MONTHS(B$1;B2;0)
1 Like

Thank you! This is what I needed.