Change default print setting from "Automatic" to "Portrait"

Hi all - when I go to print a document, the default setting for the page orientation to print is “AUTOMATIC” so I have to change it to “PORTRAIT” every time I print. Is there a way to change the default to “PORTRAIT”? I tried looking in all the settings in Libre Writer and also in the settings for my printer, but none of them seem to have a field that lets me change the “AUTOMATIC” setting (the settings for my printers actually say “PORTRAIT” as the default, so I assume something in Libre is overriding that and choose “AUTOMATIC” instead). Please help! Thank you.

EDIT TO ADD VERSION INFORMATION:

Version: 7.2.6.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: b0ec3a565991f7569a5a7f5d24fed7f52653d754
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22000; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: CL

You can help us so that we can help you.
Please read this manual and make substantial statements about the hardware and the software. Thank you very much.

1 Like

What is the problem that you are facing with Automatic?

When set on Automatic if I print a document page styled as Portrait, it prints portrait, if it is laid out as Landscape it prints landscape.

If I set a Landscape page to print as Portrait in either the print dialog or the printer driver then my printer driver ignores me and prints it in Landscape anyway. Maybe it doesn’t happen with every printer driver.

Is it a problem with printing a Brochure?

@Hrbrgr: Sorry, I have updated my post to include that information.

@EarnestAl : Thanks for answering. Sometimes, the printer thinks the document is in Landscape even when I didn’t set it that way, so rather than avoid the potential mix up, I would prefer to just set it on Portrait and switch it to Landscape when I know I need Landscape.

I wonder if you have a setting that allows Windows to “manage your printers”. Of course Windows is not clever enough to do such a trick so instead it applies the settings of the previous print job (unrelated) to the current print job. Best turned off