Change default spacing (margin) for formulas in LO Writer?

In Write, I can ‘Insert → Object → Formula…’ and insert a formula. The formula will appear inside the text and it is anchored “As Character”. However, the default spacing around the formula (i.e. the white margin that separates the formula from the text around it) is very large.

I can manually change the spacing from the default 0.08in to a smaller value by ‘right-clicking on the formula → Object… → Wrap → Spacing’. However, I want to make LibreOffice to have a smaller spacing as a default property of all new formulas that I insert into my document.

This is the
screenshot, and the
odt file.
The files are shared publicly on my personal ownCloud account.

I would like this problem to be solved in LibreOffice, so if you know where should I look in the source code, I would be very happy to make my own very first pull request for it :slight_smile:

BTW, I am on Ubuntu 14.04, which means LibreOffice Version: 4.2.8.2, Build ID: 420m0(Build:2).

See the answer by @PYS in this thread. (The appearance of the Styles & Formatting tool has changed a bit since, and I do no longer remember how it was in V4.2.8.)

I know how to manually set the spacing of one particular formula as described on that thread. But in a document with tens of formulas, I have to do this procedure tens of times.
My question is, where can I change the DEFAULT spacing value once forever? This much of spacing is obviously too much, and I need to find a way to reduce it for all formulas in all my documents. Ideally, I’d like to change it in every new LibreOffice install. That’s why I am asking for the right place in LO source code.

@Massoud: You should actually read the linked answer. It was about the named style used by default for the frames containing ‘Math’ formulae.

Oops. You are right. That solution will cause all the formulas in the current document to change. And to make it the default behavior you must make a new document template and set it as default, just as I did. Thank you very much, and sorry for my careless reading of that thread.

You are welcome. I have to apologise for my harsh words … and in addition for the typo in your UserName.