Change text size in master slide view in libreoffice impress

When I change the text size in the master slide, the change doesn’t show in the master slide view but is applied to actual slides (either existing or new). This makes it very difficult to use the master slide.

This problem is present for versions 7.3, 7.4 and 7.5 of LibreOffice under Linux Mint.

1 In master slides, click the related area (such as Title)

2 Press Ctrl+Shift+M to clear direct formatting (dangerous! for your current presentation)

3 Press Alt+P to edit current Presentation Style (such as Title)

4 In Font tab, set the text size. Take care about Western/Asian/Complex, click OK

Please tell me if it works or if it has other disadvantages

Thank you very much, mahengrui1 !

This seems to work fine at least as long as I don’t use the “increase font size” or “decrease font size” buttons to modify the font size of any element in the master slide. Once one of these buttons has been clicked, the master slide is “broken” again, i.e. the font sizes as seen on the master view do not reflect what is used for actual slides (have to press Ctrl+Shift+M again to fix it).

Maybe I am missing something, but I think “direct formatting” shouldn’t apply to the master itself, only to individual slides… So I think this is a bug but at least I now know how to avoid it.

1 Like