Change wavy line to text highlight during spell/grammar check

Is there a way to change the default grammar/spell check behavior from being a colored wavy line to a text highlight? I would like to enable something more like what they have in the guide to highlight the feature.

When looking at a sea of condensed text, clearly seeing that wavy line is nearly impossible. Being able to see the entire character space in highlighted text would work a lot better for people like me who have color detection issues.

There are similar issues when trying to a spell check when you are told there is an extra space or something and you have an entire paragraph to try to find it in. Here it is a green color.
Highlighting or oppose contrasting the space around the letters would be preferable to changing the color of the text.

When the spell checker points out double spaces, just ignore the double spaces for the time being. Afterwards, use the Find & Replace utility to get rid of them; just replace double spaces by a single one.
There doesn’t seem to be a way to set a highlighting for possibly misspelled text right now; you should have an enhancement request filed in the bug tracker.

It isn’t the spaces. It is that there is no effective focus to show what is being reviewed. A change in text color or an underline isn’t as effective as changing the color of the background. I think this may be more an issue with languagetools than writer, unless they are using the programming that already exists.
That is how I would like to see issues within writer displayed. Highlighted. The wavy lines do little to draw ones attention, unlike the highlighting capability.

Submitted an enhancement request: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=149535. Keep in mind that it may take some time before it gets implemented.

Thank you. While I know there is no guarantee the feature will be added, I do appreciate your assistance.