Changing default file format

I want to have all new users who use the computer to have their files saved as traditional MS office 03 files. I know I can make the change the registrymodifications.xcu file and replace that file on all created user profiles. But I would love to just add the file to the default user profile, i.e. W7: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\3\user.

But LibreOffice seems to see that the path/file has been created, and doesn’t create the user profile. This causes a series of errors that basically state LibreOffice can’t open some files that don’t exist.

Has anyone else ran into this problem, if so what was the fix you used?

The only solution I can think of is to populate the default users %appdata%\Roaming\LibreOffice\3\user directory with data that gets created on the initial launch of LibreOffice. I really don’t like messing with the default user’s profile though. If that is the only solution, what are the potential problems with pre-populating the LibreOffice user profile?

Dupe: How can I personalize a multiple-machine LibreOffice deployment?

Hi @Hg-203,

The best (only?) solution: How can I personalize a multiple-machine LibreOffice deployment?

If you do come up with an alternative installation plan, please let us know!