Changing default subscript position?

Is there a way to change the default subscript position?

According to Format → Character → Position, the default is to lower the subscript by 33% of the line height. The problem is, with single line spacing, this causes additional line space to be added, ruining the flow of a paragraph. I have found that by changing the position of the subscript to 10% of the line height, the line spacing is preserved. I cannot however, find a way to make 10% the default for all subscripts, so every time I use a subscript, I am forced to change the position manually. There must be a default setting somewhere that I’m just not finding.

I looked in the style defintions, and could not find any settings for character position, so I am at a bit of a loss of where to look. This is in Impress, but I’m guessing it’s common to the whole suite.

That’s what styles are for. Select and choose Modify the Default paragraph style, in the dialog box select the Position tab, then select Subscript, un-tick Automatic, set the value to 10 and it’s done.

Looking for this option in Impress, I can’t see it. I don’t think there’s any way to set this via ‘styles’.

This option also does not exist in Calc. Subscripts are too low in Calc, and there doesn’t seem to be any way to modify the default (in LO 5.2.7.2)