Changing the 24-hour time format into 12-hour (AM/PM) Format in Presenter Console

I would like to change the time format of the time that appears when I present my slides using Presenter Console. As of the moment, it uses the 24-hour format, and I would like to change that using the 12-hour (AM/PM) Format. I mistakenly dismissed my class an hour earlier because I got confused with the format. I would like to avoid that.

I am running my Impress on my Fedora 37. Anybody knows how can I change that?

Thank you to those who will respond!

LibreOffice Information
Version: 7.4.3.2
Build ID: 40(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 6.0; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Just an opinion:
Oh my! It is completely absurd to return to nonsensical customs just because one has not readjusted one’s own perception.

Who wants to live with the situation that the afternoon starts in 12:00 PM, and an hour later it is 01:00 PM? What a nonsense! A cancelled school lesson is a comparatively good idea.

1 Like

Just also an opinion:

“return nonsensical customs”
I am assuming that you are living in a country where the AM/PM is not the default format of presenting time. I was born, raised ,and currently in the Philippines and the 12-hour format is the default way of presenting time here. Aside from the train stations in the capital, I only commonly encounter 24-hour format on the military population because it has been their standards ever since, but to the majority of civilian population which I belong, this is highly confusing for us. The wall clocks being commonly sold here in our country are those rounded analog clocks with 12 numbers only, and so people commonly choose to “still” communicate the time through the AM/PM format (it is still quite rare at least for me to encounter digital clocks with 24-hour format, but this is not to say that those are completely unavailable here). So for me, I wouldn’t consciously readjust my perception of time because that has not been the standard way or presenting time to everyone here in our country.

“Who wants to live with the situation that …”
We didn’t necessarily want nor choose this kind of time-format in our country. It rather was just the standard way of communicating time. If I talk to my students or to basically anyone here about the time of 15:00 instead of 3:00 PM, I guarantee and assure that most of them (not all) will be scratching their heads or will have a difficulty comprehending what 15:00 is based on our perception of time.

I understand that this is just your opinion, and so I also wanted to offer my unsolicited opinion on your opinion, and so here is my lengthy answers. At least now I know from the other comment that this request can be filed under RFE.

Insert → Header and Footer…

2023-01-04 12 21 45

Version: 7.4.2.3 (x86) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 382eef1f22670f7f4118c8c2dd222ec7ad009daf
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22621; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-GB (de_DE); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Hu? The Presenter Console would derive its time format from the slides’ footer’s time format? I highly doubt that…

(/me also doesn’t understand why someone would be more confused by the 24h format than the dreaded AM/PM thing, but shrug…)

And no, the Presenter Console’s time format can’t be changed.

I am referring not to the actual slides but to the actual presenter console when you have multiple displays and you are presenting a slideshow. Thank you for the response anyways!

Really? So it wouldn’t be possible to change that? Is it possible to ask for a feature request here?

Not here, but there as a Request For Enhancement (RFE), severity field enhancement. Please report back the bug number here in tdf#123456 form.

1 Like