Check the spelling of words in more than one language

Hi, I found that Writer is only spell checking using the default document language. LibreOffice help claims that it can check the spelling of words in more than one language as stated in the following link:

https://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/Checking_Spelling_in_Other_Languages

I already installed version 4.2 in my Mac with OS X Mavericks but I could find the Check in all languages check box mentioned in the article. I already have installed 2 dictionaries: US English and Spanish.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Refer the check-list for spelling options here.

This page is outdated. How could you get at this help topic?
The “Check in all languages check box” has been removed since OOo 3.0.1,

see: OOo Bug 91949 · OOo Bug 98867.

See also:

Bug 35823 - Checking Spelling in Other Languages not present and not work.

Read more about "spell check in more than one language"
in the LibreOffice User Guides:

(1) Getting Started with LibreOffice · Chapter 4: Getting Started with Writer · Using built-in language tools
(p. 17)

(2) LibreOffice Writer Guide · Chapter 3: Working with Text · Checking spelling and grammar (p. 23 ff.)

(3) LibreOffice Writer Guide · Chapter 3: Working with Text · Using built-in language tools (p. 27 ff.)

(4) LibreOffice Writer Guide · Chapter 7: Working with Styles · Selecting a language for a paragraph style
(p. 12 f.)

OK, thanks. I found that link in Google. I read the articles you provide and the basic conclusion (let me know if I am wrong) is that Writer does not auto detect the language of a paragraph and you need to set it manually. Not a bad thing at all but it could be nice to have that feature in future versions.