Cite number of table in the text?

Hi, am writing an article and I am using a good number of tables and pictures in it and each of them has a label with an number as identifier put automatically by Writer (I hope that you know what I mean…). I would like to cite the number of the table in the prose text, like “if we compare this last table with the table 1”. The thing is that if I decide to put a new table at the beginning of the article, the table 1 changes to table 2 and I have an error when I say “if we compare this last table with the table 1” .

Is there a way where I can use in the text a reference to the number of the table? I have tried it with cross-reference but either this is not what I am looking for or I just couldn’t do…

Many thanks! Best regards!

By default a caption for a table is inserted using the Category of “Table”. To insert an automatically updating reference to this caption:

1. Insert > Cross-reference…
  2. Cross-references tab > select Type of Table > ensure the appropriate caption (Selection) is highlighted > Insert reference to of Category and Number (e.g., “Table 1”) > click Insert > click Close.

This should result in a cross-reference (grey field) being inserted in the document at the cursor position.

Awesome, thanks a lot!