Clean Install Pre-release Version

Installing V7.3alpha pre-release copied python scripts in my current version over. There is no portable version for pre-releases. Is there a clean install process without the existing configuration? (Hide existing files workaround noted.)

I want a clean install because I’m not confident I haven’t corrupted my %APPDATA%\LibreOffice\4\user files.

As I know, pre-release are installed in parallel to the production version, using different folders for the program and the profile.

Yes, they are different folders but it uses exiting install to configure.

Not, a new clean profile it’s created.
With win10 folder C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\LibreOfficeDev

Wiki Installing in parallel and specifically for Windows.

1 Like

Seems this is how it should work but it doesn’t:

1. I didn’t manage to get administrator rights on SI-GUI but the install was a one-liner in a command shell run as administrator from download folder: msiexec /a LibreOfficeDev_7.3.0.0.alpha1_Win_x64.msi TARGETDIR="C:\Program Files\LibreOfficeDev 73a1"
  2. If a pre-release version is installed then a separate install of the same version it will use the same C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\LibreOfficeDev\4\user files [since using boot.ini file in msi file]
  3. Still uses exiting install to configure (eg %APPDATA%\LibreOfficeDev\4\user\Scripts\python contains user scripts from %APPDATA%\LibreOffice\4\user\Scripts\python)

Note: Not required for nightly builds as they are always installed as a separate install.

This works for a clean user config:

1. Rename C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice
  2. Parallel install
  3. User Configuration created at first run so change UserInstallation if version already installed
  4. To start the application, run “soffice.exe” from explorer or from link on desktop
  5. Restore name of pre-existing C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice

If the Issue is only about ‘not to run with existing user_configuration’ so simply run from Commandline:

soffice --scalc  --env:UserInstallation=file:///some/folder/path/
1 Like