Clear the replacement table in Writer?

I want to use a few of the auto-correct options, but only maybe 95% of them.

I’m happy to enter those into a blank table, but I’m not going to clear out that huge default replacement table by deleting one line at a time!

How do I get a blank replacement table?

TIA

Hello,

you need to do the following

• locate the file acor_<language_code>.dat in your LibreOffice installation directory (subdir: ../share/autocorr/ (e.g acor_en-US.dat) which fits your language settings. This file is a ZIP file despite its .dat extension. Note: If you already worked with AutoCorrect, you may find the correct version already in your user profile.

• Copy the file to an arbitray temporary working directory

• Open the file using a zip tool (in your working directory)

• Open file DocumentList.xml from the ZIP archive (format using an XML formatter) and remove all <block-list:block ..../> items (keep the opening <block-list:block-list xmlns:block-list="http://openoffice.org/2001/block-list"> and closing </block-list:block-list>

• Save the file DocumentList.xml into the zip archive.

• Copy the modified acor_<language_code>.dat from your working directory into your user profile’s user/autocorr subdirectory (while LibreOffice is closed). Since you did not mention your operating system, I cannot tell the location for your system (see LibreOffice User Profile - Default Locations)

Note: If you notice that tab Exceptions has also empty tables, then you did not correctly recreate the ZIP file after having edited file DocumentList.xml

Tested using LibreOffice:

Version: 6.4.0.3, Build ID: b0a288ab3d2d4774cb44b62f04d5d28733ac6df8
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 4.12; UI render: default; VCL: kf5; 
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US, Calc: threaded

Hope that helps.

If the answer helped to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.