Clicking Tools > Macros > Run Macros... crashes Calc

Learning to use macros. In Calc, typed in the first example from the Getting Started Guide 7.4, and could run it. Tried to record the second example; but, didn’t hit Enter at the end, so it didn’t give me a chance to save it. (I know now you have to hit Enter at the end of what you type.) So, I typed that one in using the example’s listing; but, Tools > Macros > Run seemed to do nothing. (Still don’t know why, but that’s not what this conversation’s about.)

At least one of those first two macros ended up in a Standard library. One place in the Guide says to avoid that, 'cause you can’t export what’s there. So, I deleted that macro, retyped it, and saved it in a library I made:
My Macros & Dialogs
My Macros
Calc_Library
MacroTesting_Module1
MacroTesting_Module2

At one point, I got the message that Calc couldn’t find dialog.xlb and script.xlb; so, I copied those files from .config/libreoffice/4/user/basic/Calc_Library to .config/libreoffice/4/user/basic/Calc. That fixed that problem.

Recorded my own macro, (described below), but can’t run it. In fact, now clicking Tools > Macros > Run Macros… immediately crashes Calc. The dialog.xlb and script.xlb files aren’t missing this time. And, I can open Tools > Macros > Organize Macros > Basic…, and then open the Organizer… When I do, I see my two example macros listed.

This is important to me because I’m moving a workbook with many range names from Excel to Calc, and the names didn’t transfer. (Again, that’s another problem, not what we’re here for now.) I have the range names in cells immediately above the cells that should be that range, so am copying a name, selecting the range, going to the Name Box, pasting the name, hitting Enter, and then positioning above the next range. Would be really nice to have a macro do that for me.

Version: 7.3.7.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2
Calc: threaded

I had (somehow) deleted both modules’ code. The modules were listed in my Calc_Library, but they were empty. I typed in the code of the first one from the Guide’s listing, and pasted in the code of the second one from a backup txt file I had saved. Calc no longer crashes.

Now I believe I can write a macro to help me name ranges in my workbook. I’m thankful to I Am for letting me notice the macro code wasn’t there.

I had found this answer while looking at what I had done, in the process of preparing my question. I went ahead and posted the question so that others who have the same problem will have the answer.