Clicking Writer's Navigator panel

I use Writer fairly often and today noticed a behavior I don’t recall seeing before. This happens on the Navigator panel, a tool I use to jump around in my document. Single click or double clicking on a heading seems to “pick up” that section.
Untitled

I don’t want that. I just want to jump to that heading, not pick it up.

This is behavior I don’t recall seeing before. How can I make it stop?

Version: 7.6.2.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 9d0b4c0791fc17bc4181a67fd90c5aaed576d1c0
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 6.2; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

I am not sure to understand your question, notable what you mean by “pich up the heading”.

When you hover your mouse over a heading in the Navigator, the corresponding text is highlighted (without selection) in the document window.

A single-click transfers the focus to the Navigator pane without modifying cursor position in the document. This change of focus allows you to act in the Navigtor, e.g. to expand or collapse the headings.

A double-click focuses in the Navigator item and immediately transfers the focus back into the document, setting the cursor at strt of the heading.
<br<Note this single-/double-click behaviour is the same in any side pane, notably the style pane: single-click to enter the pane and do interesting things on the item like modifying a style and double-click to apply it.

Click the Content Navigation View icon to toggle ability to drag.
ContentNavigationViewIcon