Clipping of GDI metafile right hand side when pasted in

Hi,
I’m using version 4.2.0.4 of libreoffice and am noticing that the image (in GDI metafile format) that I’m trying to paste from R (version 3.0.2) into my writer document is getting clipped on the right hand side. I’ve tried even putting the page in landscape mode where it seems like there’s plenty of space on both left and right hand sides afterwards but it’s still getting clipped. I’ve pasted the same image in GDI metafile format into Microsoft paint it displays it fully so I don’t think it’s R. I’ve also tried paste special but it behaves the same way.
If I were to the same version & size of the image in bitmap format it seems to handle it better, but I really need to paste it in GDI metafile format so I can adjust the size slightly when it’s in.
Has anyone else experienced this before or have any tips for me?
Thanks,
Paul

@pmccanny - This is not the solutiion but could help you to identify the route cause. I used LIbO 4.1.5 on XP for the test I made.

I pasted a GDI-file (created in Impress) into Writer and it appears always on the height position of the cursor but centered in the page although the cursor is on the left edge of the page.

I looked into the position information and found:
image description

However I get the same when I paste a bit map file.

Thus I am wondering if a GDI file can carry a position information obtained from R -SW.

1 - What is the position information you have in the “Picture” window after pasting into Writer?
2 - Maybe you can find information about position information carried by GDI files. Here are 2 links but I could not study them: