A senior in my office wants me to develop a database application preferably using MS Access. I have never used MS Access in my life. I have used some MySQL and mostly these days I use LibreOffice (Calc and Writer) for my works.
As pointed out in the comments I can use LO Base.
The senior very vaguely told me his requirements (if I understood him correctly) as follows:
- User A (the data entry operator) gets a list of tasks, he inputs those in the table.
- User B (the supervisor) distributes the tasks to users C,D,E, and so on.
- Users C,D,E,… (the clerks) work on those tasks and finally updates the task as completed (status).
- At any point of time any user (be it the supervisor or the clerks) may check the status of any task - whom it is assigned to or what is its status.
So, for my requirements -
- Do I need to install LibreOffice Online?
- Do every user needs to use Base?
- In a bird’s eye view, how should I set up the “solution”?
We have an old PC which we can use as a server. We are somehow familiar with both Linux and Windows.