Colums in writer

using libre office writer version 77.6.4.1 (X86_64) with withs 11 hope
I have a number of tables in one document, tables each have 1 column but between 4 and 6 rows,
I want to put them into 2 columns on the page but each time I select “insert breaks, more breaks, insert column break”, nothing is happening, I have tried inserting a text box down the right of the page so I can put the text boxes onto but when I try to enter the table the text box disappears, to can somebody please advise me where I am going wrong, all help and advice appreciated

Insert>More Breaks>Column Break has effect when your page is multi-column. It does nothing on tables.

What do you mean? Transform your 1-column×6-row table into 2-column×6-row?
Or do you want to balance a narrow but tall table across page width?

Let’s start by the beginning.
Usually 1-column tables don’t make a lot of sense. Why did you choose such a layout? A 1-column table is roughly equivalent to standard start (but you add problems because of the table layout). Unless you tweaked the table, it extends from margin to margin.
What is inside your table? Ordinary paragraphs? Some kind of enumeration with short items?

Describe your goal without suggesting solutions, i.e. describe it like you would explain your layout to a typographer or graphics artist.

Mention save format (.odt or .doc(x)). This is has a huge influence on the solution.

thank you ajlittoz, what I am after is the page in 2 columns with 5 tables of 1 column and 3/4 or 5 rows, in each page column, my tables down the left but I would like the same on the right column break, I was going to attach what I hoped would help but cannot find the attach option apologies if I am not making myself clear