Combining icons from several icon styles

I know I can create my own icons and replace them; I did it already several times.

I see often in different icon styles some icons I would like to us. This gives me the ideas to pick up icons from various styles and combine them to my own style.

Icon styles are: Galaxy, Crystal, HighContrast, Oxygen, etc.

How can I create my own icon style being comprised from icons of 2 or more styles?

You only need to mimic the existing icon sets in share/config. Name the new set e.g. images_my. The part ‘images_’ is mandatory, the part ‘my’ will be the string shown in the dialog inside LibreOffice. With ‘mimic’ I mean, that you have to keep the folder structure, file names, file size and file format. But what an image file shows, is up to you. The package has a file ‘links.txt’ which holds the references for those images, which are the same but used under different names. You need to update this file, if you will use one image for different commands.

I would start with an existing set and copy it to images_my. Then go into the package and replace all those images, for which you want different ones.

Be courageous, you cannot damage your LibreOffice. You only need to choose your set in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View, and if it does not work go back to one of the predefined.

@Regina - “Be courageous” is may be the most important statement!!!

I had a first look into the Application Data\LibreOffice\4\confugration file (on my XP machine) and could identify there files like tango.soc and galaxy.soc but I don’t know how to open them to take icons from each of it to create my own icon assembly. I also found images of icons I created a xml-files with a content related to icons.

I guess I need to take some days, sit down understand the structure an be courageous…

The .soc files are the wrong place. They contain the map between color names and numerical color value. Copy image_tango.zip and rename it to images_my.zip. Then open images_my.zip with e.g. 7Zip. It is an ordinary zip-archive. Exchange the pictures as you like. You only need to keep the file name of the picture, because they a referenced by the file name. Even without exchanging any picture, you should see “my” in the drop-down-list in Tools > Options > View .