Command line converting a PPTX file to DOCX format

Hello All,

I am trying to convert a pptx presentation into docx format using the LibreOffice command line (headless). I am facing this error:

/opt/libreoffice6.3/program/soffice --headless --convert-to docx --infilter="Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010 XML" --outdir /tmp/ /tmp/test.pptx
Error: no export filter for /tmp/test.docx found, aborting.
Error: no export filter

I tried to include an export filter but still get an error:

/opt/libreoffice6.3/program/soffice --headless --convert-to docx:"MS Word 2007 XML" --infilter="Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010 XML" --outdir /tmp/ /tmp/test.pptx
convert /tmp/test.pptx -> /tmp/test.docx using filter : MS Word 2007 XML
Error: Please verify input parameters... (SfxBaseModel::impl_store <file:///tmp/test.docx> failed: 0xc10(Error Area:Io Class:Write Code:16))

Can someone please guide me in the right direction to get this converted? Thanks in advance!

You only can do in command line what you also can do from UI. Have you tried to convert PPTX to DOCX using Save As or Export?

There is no export filter for DOCX in Impress (the module that handles PPTX). So no, --convert-to cannot create DOCX from PPTX. You could try a two-stage conversion with, say, PDF as an intermediate step, which would give you an unmanageable DOCX in the end.