Comments broken in 6.4.3.2 on Mac?

I recently updated to 6.4.3.2 (well, somewhat recently… I don’t remember exactly when, but not too long ago), and I seem to be having sporadic issues with inserting comments in Writer, issues which I never saw before. Not sure if this is a bug introduced in the most recent version or not.

Sometimes – and in certain documents, most of the time – when I insert a comment (whether by keyboard shortcut or the button on the Track Changes panel), nothing seems to happen. No comment is visible, the cursor remains in the text where it was.

Edit > Undo does show that a comment was created, and I can undo and redo the action – but I can’t see or activate/type in the actual comment itself.

Occasionally, scrolling up or down just a tiny bit will suddenly reveal the comment; if I scroll too far, it disappears again and never comes back. If I manage to stop at just the right point where I see it, I can click inside the comment and activate it to start typing – though the entire comment sort of flickers in and out of view with every few letters I type in it.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Test 1

If set, try to disable OpenGL in LibreOffice -> Preferences -> LibreOffice -> View -> Category: Graphics Output -> Option: [ ] Use OpenGL for all rendering and check whether that fixes your problem

**Test 2** Test whether user profile causing issue:
  • Start in Safe Mode using Help -> Restart in Safe Mode and confirm the restart using button: Restart
  • Archive your profile expanding Advanced (click on the word Advanced right above Help button) and click Archive User Profile button
  • Click button Continue in Safe Mode
  • Check whether the problem is gone

@anon73440385 Nope, that’s off (says “GL is disabled” underneath it).

@anon73440385 And restarting in safe mode didn’t make any difference either.

And you are working with files in ODF format (i.e. .odt in case of Writer)?

@anon73440385 No, usually .docx Word documents. I’m nearly always working in collaborative documents with people working in Word.