Comparison between O365 and Libre Office

Hi,

Can somebody help me with comparison document between O365 and Libre office?

Regards,
Dinesh Panchal

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Feature_Comparison:_LibreOffice_-_Microsoft_Office

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing the crucial information. However I would like to know if somebody can give some online demo or explain the same to us.
I am working for the company USA Infotech Advisors Pvt Ltd. We need any use case or case study of some organization succsefully migrated from MS O365 to LibreOffice or Open Office.
Kindly suggest.

Regards,
Dinesh Panchal
https://www.usainfotech.in

The difference amounts to 3 decades of Excel/VBA on Windows PCs.

You may want to contact a LibreOffice ecosystem partner, see LibreOffice in business | LibreOffice - Free and private office suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft linked from the download page under a prominent big blue button reading “Business users: click here”, and also the Migrations and training section.

I do not have a full “success story” or the skills to provide a demo to the extent you request.
Take my comment more as a side note, if you will.

Background

You must understand that

• Microsoft Office is the de facto “industry standard”
    This implies that collaboration with customers/suppliers/partners sometimes requires visiting “Microsoft context” on some level.
  • Microsoft seem to put an effort into creating incompatibilities with products from other vendors
    Typically: Added functionality providing seemingly “smooth solutions” for problems that already have a solution within preexisting functionality.

Perspective

As I see it:

• Microsoft office is the “hand tool used on IKEA furniture”. You can use it without much training, and with the templates included you will have quite nice results in most cases.
  • LibreOffice is the “power tool” for building from scratch (or “from lumber” if you like). You get a smaller selection of premade templates, you may need some training to make full use of the tool, but once you master it, you have a more efficient and flexible tool for document production, and the documents will have a sounder underlying structure.

The bottom line

In an advisory enterprise such as the one you seem to be working for, you will need to be able to work in both contexts. I cannot see that a successful migration will be possible without the option to retreat to MS when required. Knowing when to thus retreat is a necessary skill for your fellow workers.

If you are asking this for an ongoing project with a customer, that skill is likewise employable in the advisory process.

Even though a professional carpenter will most likely have a good selection of power tools, she will not decommission her basic hand tools. :wink:

Examples:

Wer benutzt LibreOffice?

Any help?

My Transition from MS-Office to LibreOffice

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate the quick response provided by you

Regards,
Dinesh Panchal