Compiling LibreOffice for Visual Studio

I would like to compile LibreOffice in Visual Studio for use as a Visual Studio project. I want to be able to put LO Text in a WPF application and then be able to drag and drop to/from LO to other portions of my WPF project…

I am new to LO. I see it is written in C++. How do I compile the code is Visual Studio using their tools? Can it be done?

Clarification: I need to compile using the Microsoft C++ Compiler. The Cygwin/Gnu solution won’t work because it’s not compatible with a WPF project.

libreoffice-writer
Compile

You should tag this as Common, or Compile. That will attract the right set of people to answer your question.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build

This solution will not work. I need to compile using the Microsoft C++ Compiler.

From the cited link:

The LibreOffice build system can generate project files for some IDEs including – thanks to Honza Havlíček’s excellent work – Microsoft Visual Studio: (note that this does not allow a full build so you still need to use Cygwin to do full builds

You will try to integrate a quite big bunch of source under a wpf-project. As portable software will often do things not the MS/wpf-way this sounds like a lot of work. But as I read youd question you don’t have to do a full build…
I wont go in this direction and as I was told yesterday just to answer peoples questions I will not give other suggestions… You will know why you’ve chosen this way.

Yeah, I saw that and do not agree. Answer the question but if you have further or possibly better advice, offer that also. :slight_smile:

Note that LibreOffice uses the Microsoft compiler (and linker) when built on Windows. You likely are confusing compiler and toolchain.

Also, there is no way to use LibreOffice as a library. But anyway, the proper place to discuss development is the corresponding channel.

Can you share the scripts and methodologies used for compiling for windows.

You already have the link posted by @Wanderer - there is no other supported build instructions (we keep them up-to-date with the code updates).