Conditional Content - Show on Condition instead of Hide on Condition? Can it be done?

I’m making a large number of documents using the mail-merge approach connecting Writer to Base but I think it would be more efficient if I could Show hidden text on Condition as opposed to Hide hidden text on Condition.

For example I have 5 sentences and only one sentence should show if a condition from a Base field is true.

Currently I have to wrangle 4 hide conditions for each of the sentences that should remain hidden which can become a pain. With 5 sentences it means I have to manage about 20 hide conditions for the 5 sentences.

Example table

What I would like to do

SentenceA: The value is nearly 95 (Show if value > 94.5 and < 95.5)
SentenceB: The value is way above 95 (Show if value > 97)
SentenceC: The value is way below 95 (Show if value < 93 and > 90)
SentenceD: The value is really, really way below 95 (Show if value < 90)

Is their a simple way to do this or do I have to go into Extensions territory?

Thanks for your help.

And what are the 4 hide conditions, say, for SentenceA?

Hi Mike

thanks for taking the time to reply. There are no hide conditions (in my ideal universe) for SentenceA - that’s exactly what I’m asking about.

Is there a way to hide text and only show it on condition - without having to define lots of hide conditions for the other alternative sentences? Using Hide on Condition in the toy example above I have to define around N(number of sentences) X N-1(the desired sentence) / N for each sentence - so each sentence has 4 compound hide conditions. Unless I am misunderstanding which is very possible

I hope this clarifies my question - please let me know if I can provide more info.

Cheers

I asked exactly for those “around N(number of sentences) X N-1(the desired sentence) / N for each sentence” - to understand how do you see that.

In the actual reality, if you have a single condition to show something, it means that you have exactly one condition to hide it, which is negation of the condition to show.

Thanks Mike!

I think this is solved with a double negative, as you say the negation of the condition to hide. Because hidden text can be shown using a NOT condition then I can avoid having to define multiple hide conditions for a single block of text.

Cheers