Connection from python to firebird database embedded in libreoffice base

Hi, I have a libreoffice base database with firebird embedded. I am needing to be able to access from python to that database to be able to access records, read and write to the database. I need to connect the database with embedded firebird to other applications and for this I use python. Any help? thank you very much.

Diego

Hello,
Do know you can access embedded Firebird & HSQLDB databases from within LO. Do not think there is a way to access these from outside of LO. For that you would likely need a server such as Firebird, PostgreSQL, MySQL etc.

I have seen this example with the orm and I thought it could be Apache OpenOffice: Foro oficial de la comunidad - Base, Firebird y ORM - (Ver Tema) but I have not been able to install the python easymacro and LOBaseDatabase modules to make the python program work.

Still unclear as that post talks a lot of connection to servers. The one brief mention (it appears) with embedded is within LO and an embedded DB. You have not made clear what ...other applications... actually are.
It would appear with that it is something other than LO.
If you are dealing with a connection within LO, post a sample of the code you are having issues with.
Edit:
See easymacro

@dcapeletti,
Again from within LO, here is a link with some connections I have used before:

Python programming in LibreOffice is very dependent on your operating system. Without knowing what OS you have and what versions of LibreOffice we are left to guess, and I am very bad at guessing.

Yes, it is possible to connect to Base(Firebird) from inside and outside LibreOffice.

I have reviewed the 2019 code and it still works, but, I will refactor it.

import easymacro as app
from zazplus.peewee import *
from zazplus import easyplus

database_proxy = DatabaseProxy()

class BaseModel(Model):
    class Meta:
        database = database_proxy

class Person(BaseModel):
    id = IdentityField()
    name = CharField()
    last_name = CharField()

def main():
    PATH_DB = '/home/mau/people.odb'
    db = easyplus.LODocBase(PATH_DB)
    db.initialize(database_proxy, [Person])

p = Person(name='Teresa', last_name='Salgueiro')
    p.save()
    Person.insert(name='Naomi', last_name='Watts').execute()

db.close()

app.debug('ok')
    return

Work fine.

soffice --calc
22/05/2022 23:17:09 - DEBUG - CREATE TABLE "person" ("id" INT GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, "name" VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, "last_name" VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL)	[]
22/05/2022 23:17:09 - DEBUG - INSERT INTO "person" ("name", "last_name") VALUES (?, ?)	['Teresa', 'Salgueiro']
22/05/2022 23:17:09 - DEBUG - INSERT INTO "person" ("name", "last_name") VALUES (?, ?)	['Naomi', 'Watts']
22/05/2022 23:17:09 - DEBUG - ok

Result.

PLEASE. Do not attempt to use until fully documented, thank you.

Hi I am using Debian 11, python3 and LibreOffice:
Version: 7.1.5.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 85f04e9f809797b8199d13c421bd8a2b025d52b5
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.10; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: es-AR (es_AR.UTF-8); UI: es-ES
Calc: threaded

I would like to be able to access my embedded firebird database to read tables, create and query records from my python application. what steps do i need to do?

Thanks

I have run this code and the python output is as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/dcapeletti/Documentos/python-libreoffice/pruebasDb.py”, line 1, in
import easymacro as app
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/easymacro.py”, line 351, in
LANGUAGE = get_app_config(‘org.openoffice.Setup/L10N/’, ‘ooLocale’)
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/easymacro.py”, line 338, in get_app_config
cp = create_instance(name, True)
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/easymacro.py”, line 327, in create_instance
instance = SM.createInstanceWithContext(name, CTX)
easymacro.CannotActivateFactoryException: loading component library <file:///usr/lib/libreoffice/program/libmergedlo.so> failed ./cppuhelper/source/shlib.cxx:298

If I need to change anything to make it work, let me know. Thanks

@dcapeletti
Have given you the link to get easymacro library above in my second comment under Edit about 6 days ago. For what you have presented that is at least part of what is needed to be installed.

Please, I am refactoring all the code, at the moment, you only get errors and frustration. You must wait for me to finish.