Continuously and automatically remove rows based on if a cell contains certain text

I have a certain spreadsheet open all day every day constantly appending new data into it derived from the output of a program. Sometimes the program has connectivity issues and in the middle of its output it’ll print:

[Data I want]
Connection Error…
Retrying.
[Data I want]

I have no way of suppressing the error message from the program. I need to keep the historical data in the spreadsheet (remember, I’m appending) in the order in which I received the data.

This presents a challenge because I can’t Column Filter / Sort order due to the above and because I need to keep the data in the same order as output from the program. There’s a few ways I’ve tried to handle this such as, paste the data into a text editor and do a couple search replace, delete the blank lines, then copy the data and paste into spreadsheet. Paste the data into another spreadsheet and do search and replace, delete blank rows and then copy it over. I even thought about using a column filter and just perpetually leave “Connection Error…” and “Retrying.” unchecked, but sadly this doesn’t seem to work with the dataset I have.

Right now, I just paste the data in and then manually highlight and remove the two (or more) rows with the error.

I use a lot of conditional formatting in the spreadsheet as is and I was looking for a way that when I paste the data in, if it contains the error message, it will delete the two rows automatically. Sometimes the connection error is multiple times in the data output at two rows each.

If the answer is “Suck it up Buttercup”, I will, but hoping someone might have an answer. Thank you.

Please upload a small sample file here.

Suck it up Buttercup? It is possible - but here it is not accepted. Therefore, Welcome @ldgregory !

Please look at this topic - How to filter out rows with formula?. It seems to me that @Jalle asked exactly this and received an acceptable solution (although he did not mark the topic as resolved, since in the end it turned out that he was asking about the wrong thing)

Thank you for your response. Looks like more work than it might be worth. I’ll just live with deleting the rows.

Veja arquivo exemplo anexo, use os botões para acionar as 2 macros exemplo, foram feitas com o gravador de macros.

See attached example file, use the buttons to trigger the 2 example macros, they were made with the macro recorder.

ldgregory.ods (13.8 KB)