Conversion of MS Word document to PDF using LibreOffice changes some document formatting

I tried converting word documents to pdf using command line. However, for some of the documents, I’m facing changes in alignments, formatting, etc.
Command - "soffice --headless --convert-to pdf inputfile.doc --outdir outputfile.pdf "

In Attached image, notice the additional underline before “Bookouts”. And, when those underlines are not selectable, so I’m not sure which characters are those.

1 Like

You’re requesting conversion of documents not created with Writer (.doc) or stored in an alien format with a tool (Writer) which has partial support for someone else’s format. In addition your screenshots were taken without View>Formatting Marks enabled, We have then absolutely no idea on what kind of formatting is there. My only guess would be you have some implicit formatting for what appears a heading which is numbered with a “void number”. The tab between this “void number” and the heading itself is decorated which whatever format is active there (i.e. underline).

This can be confirmed only with a sample file.

Don’t forget to mention OS name, LO version (and save format which is .doc here, unless it is .docx).