Convert Master Document to PDF running LibreOffice headless from the commandline

Here is the command I entered, which at first appeared to work:

$ libreoffice --headless --convert-to pdf example.odm
convert /home/zerubbabel/Documents/Books/Example/example.odm → /home/zerubbabel/Documents/Books/Example/example.pdf using filter : writer_globaldocument_pdf_Export

However, when I open the resulting pdf file, it does not include the subdocuments linked into the Master document. That is because when you open a Master document interactively, it first asks you, “Would you like to change the document, and update all links to get the most recent data?” and apparently the default answer is “No” rather than “Yes”, so it doesn’t import the linked subdocuments before generating the pdf.

So how can I make it default to “Yes” instead of “No”?

Before you enter the command:
Creating one file from a master document and its subdocuments
Would this help?

Thank you for the suggestion, but it doesn’t really solve the problem because the procedure for converting the master document into a composite document also requires user input to reply to the same question (Update all links?).

Did this ever got solved?

No, nothing has changed. If I could just suppress the “Update all links?” prompt when running headless and set the default to “yes” it would solve the problem. The lack of this capability is a “show stopper” for my publishing project.

This is tdf#65725