copy number in cell into several cells

how do I copy by selection, several numbers in each cell, to paste into the cells below.,
[without having to right click mouse to copy & paste]
in excel I would use the “+” curser, once several cells is selected by row or column, then hold curser down to copy into another cells either by row or column.
Each time I perform this action, I am left with a multiplication of the previous cell.
thank you

Select your range. With cursor at bottom right corner of range, click and hold and drag down (or across) to copy and increment numbers. Hold down Ctrl before releasing cursor for copy only (look at tooltip for expected result for first cell of range). Is that what you mean? Cheers, Al

Or do you mean select the cells immediately under your existing numbers and press Ctrl+D?

perfect thank you Earnest Al, holding down the ctrl before releasing the click button works well. Ctrl+D seems to calculate it to the other cells

A word of warning: while Calc is very consistent with the use of Ctrl; Excel sometimes will increment or sometimes copy depending on its interpretation, you must always watch closely what it is doing.

THANK YOU you have answered my question

To tidy up the question:

1. Select the cell containing the contents you want to copy or start the series from.
  2. Move the cursor over the small selection handle in the bottom right corner of the selected
    cell. The cursor will change shape to a cross.
  3. Click and drag in the direction you want the cells to be filled, vertical or horizontal. If the original cell(s)
    contained a number, it will be incremented each row (or column depending on direction). To only copy numbers, hold down Ctrl while you drag, release the mouse button before releasing Ctrl

THANK YOU you have answered my question