Copying from odb table to spreadsheet

I’m trying to copy selected records from an odb table to a spreadsheet. I’ve selected the records in the table, then Edit-Copy, then opened new spreadsheet, Edit-Paste.
The records are copied to the spreadsheet, but each column is allocated two column labels - the first column of the spreadsheet is labelled A and B, the second C and D, and so on.
I’ve performed this operation countless times over the years with no difficulty, and can’t understand what’s now happening. What am I doing wrong?

Routine

That’s what should happen. No longer happening in my version 7.6.7.2.

Open the data source window (Ctrl+Shift+F4).
Browse your database and drag the icon of the table or query into the sheet.
This creates a linked copy rather than a copy. Menu:Data>Refresh refreshes the link if the cell cursor is within the database range.
Call menu:Data>Define…
Click “Options”.
“Contains column labels” is always checked for any database link.
You should always check “Insert or delete cells” (resize range without overwriting cells) and “Keep formatting” (this refers to the spreadsheet formatting).

Many thanks. That worked.

It’s a bit more cumbersome in my workflow, and I’m still mystified as to why my previously successful method of simply copying and pasting the table entries didn’t work correctly.

Copy and paste always worked for me with all versions of LibreOffice on Windows and Linux. I use the linked database ranges more often. You can add formulas directly adjacent to the database range. These formulas will grow and shrink with every refresh of the database range. For instance =$B2*Tax_Rate.
When I copy a row or an arbitrary selection of rows from a table grid in a query, form or from a form’s table control, I right-click a row selector and choose “Copy” from the context menu. The row selectors are the gray boxes left of the first column. The empty gray box in the upper-left corner selects all records.

Nothing. This seems to be a bug.
I’ve seen that last weekend in your 7.6.7 as well as in 24.2., but not for all of my tables. Was not sure, if that came from my odbc driver and wanted to test with HSQLDB and test-data during the next days.

Thank you. Will you be reporting the apparent bug?

@rydercowan : Before reporting a bug: Please create an example where it could be reproduced with. I have just tried this:
Internal Database, here Firebird
Right mouseclick on a table → Copy
Opened a new Calc document
Right mouseclick on A1 → Insert
Now problem detected with
Version: 24.2.4.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 51a6219feb6075d9a4c46691dcfe0cd9c4fff3c2
CPU threads: 6; OS: Linux 6.4; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI: de-DE
Calc: threaded