Copywrite/license question on fonts

I’m writing a book and I use the Liberation Serif (which comes standard) for it. Are the fonts in Libre Office ok to use in my book without any copyright or licensing issues? I’m planning on publishing this book for profit.

You can use the fonts what are embedded into the Windows, but (maybe) you can not embed them into your documents. The documents - by default - not contain the used fonts, they are only refereced by their names. If your partners have same font set on they PC, the document will appear correctly.
Therefore it is better to use the free, opensource fonts:

• They are free for everyone.
  • And you can embed them into your documents.

The Document Foundation (TDF) is not a font provider. The packages may include fonts for some OS’es but this is only a convenience (not available for all OS’es). TDF will only package free fonts.

For installations packaged by distro maintainers, it is maintainers’ responsability to include only free fonts.

When installed, LO will use whatever fonts are available on your computer. It is then your resposibility to make sure you abide by the various copyrights. I insist once again that, in the general case (but for Windows if I remember right), LO will not install fonts.

Check the font copyrights on their site.

In case you publish in physical form (paper edition), contact your print shop to see which font they routinely use and transfer the responsibility on their usual trade contracts.

Yes, Liberation is.

Wikipedia:

Liberation is the collective name of four TrueType font families: Liberation Sans , Liberation Sans Narrow , Liberation Serif , and Liberation Mono . These fonts are metrically compatible with the most popular fonts on the Microsoft Windows operating system and the Microsoft Office software package (Monotype Corporation’s Arial, Arial Narrow, Times New Roman and Courier New, respectively), for which Liberation is intended as a free substitute.[2] The fonts are default in LibreOffice.