Corrupted files when saving to odt or ods

I’m supporting at a school in Germany where we migrated to xubuntu 22.04 and the Packages have verison 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.3. The Clients are connected to a UCS server.

The reason for this Question is, that across all clients (machines) and Users we keep seeing corrupted ODF files.

which means

• odt files which cannot be reopened by Libreoffice because there it has an picture missing in the zip that is referenced in the xml. Those pictures are copy&pasted to the Document from a browser if this is of any help
  • ods files which cannot be extracted by unzip and if engrampa is used to look extract the ods it’s extrating an empty content.xml

The version used for opening the files is always the same used for saving them.

Those issues are not onetime-occurrences but happen on a regular basis while not beeing actively reproducable. But it’s not a single person or on a single machine where this happens.

It doens’t matter if old files (from Libreoffice which was running in lubuntu 16.04) are opened or new files are created.

The issue can be prevented if the file-format is changed to xlsx or docx. But that is not what we want and is also hard for the users to always use while saving.

Any help to understand or even sove the issue is highly appreaciated.

I would first look at the default paths used by LibreOffice, in Tools > Options:

I would ensure that the Temporary files are stored on the local machine, for performance reason. Maybe you can add your list of paths to your original post, so a more knowledgeable person could spot something to improve.

Try a newer version of LibreOffice. It may be an issue with e.g. an Ubuntu-packaged 7.3.7; and it could be fixed later.

Either use the official Ubuntu LibreOffice packaging team’s PPA (preferred; simply updates your system apt package, and keeps updated by system); or try TDF packages (universal, but not optimized to your system).

thanks for the suggestion. I’ve uploaded the screenshot but those Paths are all local