Hi. When I:
-open the form titled “4)…” in LANdpLAN database
-select a different plant in the first table
-use the vertical page scroll bar
it crashes.
I made a 1 min video to illustrate the issue here
The database can be downloaded here

Hello,

Beside needing to self create multiple file based on you data instead of actual files, there is no form titled Step 4.

Edit:

Sad. Had to watch beginning of video to see it is not a form named Step 4 as the question states.

You are right. I edited the question to say “4)…” instead of “step 4” like my original post :frowning: . Also, it appears that I get a crash when selecting a different entry in the first table and scroll down. There is no need to filter. I wonder if you have the same issue or if it is something about my system. I don’t understand “needing to self create multiple file based on you data instead of actual files”

“needing to self create multiple file based on you data instead of actual files”

Sorry. Ignore that comment. Was my problem.

Hello,

The form is way too busy. Controls overlap each other and yes the form crashes as shown in the video. However with a Quick & Dirty cleanup of deleting some of the confusing overlapping controls, there is no problem.

Edit to respond to additional comment:

Yes depending on the scroll speed and zoom of the form. The problem is mainly the layout. You cannot have controls overlapping as you have. This can also be seen in the video. The combination of the overlapping and the need to scroll is where your problems are. Clean it up and go from there.

1 Like

Thanks… I will try that.

It also appears even when cleaned up (no overlapping) it will continue to crash if the forms requires scrolling. With zoom reduced so all is visible without scrolling there is no crashing.

I believe this form is way too busy.

May want to report as bug → Bugzilla

It appears this has been a problem for some time. Found a sample of yours from December 2020 and the form there crashes also.

Easiest fix is a form that needs no scrolling.

1 Like