Create a budget (version 4.3.7.2)

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a decent walkthrough on how to create a budget using libreoffice calc?

I have been through a few but they weren’t very good- for example things just didn’t “line-up” the way they said they would in the walkthrough- certain options weren’t there on my version that they used in the walkthrough etc.

A video example (in English) would be excellent. I had a look on youtube but only found 1 video on creating a budget using Libreoffice and it was in another language.

I also looked up budget templates but the ones I found weren’t suitable. There was too much adjusting to do to make it appropriate.

Any recommendations ?

What language do you want for the video? That’s important information.

English please.

“Hey guys, can anyone recommend …?”
Not me. This may seem a silly answer. Why not just keep still?

I would claim to be a rather experienced user of Calc, but I don’t use it for the purpose myself. My general finances are strongly related to bank transactions (Aren’t yours, too?), and therefore I use a professional database with connectivity supplied (I paid a bit for it many years ago) and maintained excellently by the bank. As I can split turnovers there and categorise (and sub and subsub… categorise) every part differently I can use the software also to get an overview of everything. I also get every report I may need for my tax declaration from that database. OK. For very specific financial tasks of timely limited relevance I create a spreadsheet now and then. But these sheets will not follow a template but adapt to the specific needs in every case.

In fact I doubt if those publishing budget templates for Excel (or for Calc) are using it themselves. Developing one may be more fun than use. The appropriate software class for budget software is databases - and the application should be maintained by professionals, imo.