Create a SlideShow in LibreOffice Database

Once the “ImageForm” form included in the file is open:

• Click on the “Start” button
  • A folder selector form will open
  • Choose the folder where the images are.

The macro don’t check the types of files, so folder should contain only image files

1 Like

Gbp, thank you very much for allowing me to make this old dream come true. Maybe someone else in this forum will learn how to make a macro to run a SlideShow in LibreOffice base! Big hug.
PS - Is it not possible to indicate the folder name in the macro?

You need go into macro module (Menu->Tools->Macros->Edit Macros) and change line 26 removing the single quote at the beginning ('sPath) and assign the path you want to sPath variable.
Add a single quote or REM at the beginning of the line 27.

In case of HSQL, you don’t need any macro, other than the one provided by @RobertG.
ls -1 *.png > Pics.txt creates a text file with all *.png file names. This text file can be linked to a HSQL text table. Chapter 6. Text Tables

@Villeroy: Macro in my solution is only needed for automatic slideshow. Links to the images are set by Base through imagecontrol an varchar field. A “normal” slideshow could shown without any macro by navigationbar.
Links to all elements of a folder could created like you described - and then copied into a table in a database. HSQLDB could include text files. Firebird allows external files, but it isn’t included in driver LO uses.

I did as instructed and the result was negative “Game Over”. Did I miss something? The error must be mine, for sure, but I don’t see where I went wrong.

Try with this file.
Images (1).odb (15.5 KB)

Sorry Gbp, I don’t understand how your macro works in your LOB and it gives a BASIC error in mine. Sorry for giving you so much trouble. I’ll try RobertG’s option. Thanks.