create Key shortcuts for styles and words

Hi, I am a playwright and want to be able to simply tap a couple of keys and tab to write a character name. I also want to be able to do the same for styles (I use two main styles that I created - character speech and action). Any help most appreciated.

For styles, it’s easy to create keyboard shortcuts: just go to Tools → Customize → Keyboard tab → select Styles under “category.” You can create shortcuts for paragraph or character styles without problems. Notice that under Toolbars tab you’ll be able to create your own toolbar and add buttons to it that call particular styles

For texts, you can either use autocorrect options (Tools → Autocorrect → autocorrect options → pick the first tab to create a substitution of your own), or Autotexts (Tools → Autotext). With the first option it’s possible to define short sequences that will be replaced (“corrected”) by other sequences (for example, :alpha: get replaced by α), while with the second option it’s possible to “store” more complex content and associate to it a shortcut that’s triggered by pressing F3 (for example, type dt and then press F3).