- Mac desktop (64 bit)
- OS High Sierra 10.13.6
- LO 18.104.22.168
- Java Runtime Environment 10.0.2 installed and
currently in use (LO Preferences >
This is my first time creating a MySQL database and connecting it to LO.
I successfully created the database via the mysql command line: “Query OK, 1 row affected”.
I can also see this database in MySQL Workbench.
I downloaded and installed the native SBDC driver from MySQL Driver (Mac OSX Version Apache OpenOffice4.1). I restarted LO. When I open a Writer doc and go to Tools > Extensions, I see this SBDC driver listed there.
I then perform the following steps to connect my new database:
- New Database
- Connect to existing > MySQL
- Connect directly
- Database name: myfirstsqldb
- Server: localhost
- Port: 3306 (verified this is correct in MySQL Workbench; there is an active connection on this port)
- User name: root
- Tick the “password required” box
- Input my root password I set up originally with MySQL.
- Click the Test Connection box.
I get the following error message, “A driver is not registered for the URL sdbc:mysql:mysqlc:localhost:3306:myfirstsqldb"
What did I do wrong?