Creating new writer document to folder in dolphin doesn't start it with default template

Environment: Manjaro Linux, KDE Plasma 5.21.4, Dolphin 21.04.0, LibreOffice 7.1.2-3

I created a new template that I set as default. Running LibreOffice Writer from the Application Launcher opens up a new document with that same template, as it should. However, creating a new .odt document straight in a directory using Dolphin’s “Create new…” tool ignores the default preset and launches the document with the preset the application starts with on clean install. I suspect that has something to do with Dolphin’s own template for the “Create new” tool, but I have no idea what to do about that. Is there a way to correct that and have documents created directly in a folder start with my default template as well?

Create new doesn’t look at Default Template, yet. On the bright side, you get your default language. You need to create the document from within LO then save to a directory.

@Astur your method didn’t solve it, but the comment just below suggesting to replace the default soffice.odt file in the templates did, so thank you for the link!

So turns out the way to do this is:

1. create an .odt file with the style that you want to use by default
  2. rename it soffice.odt
  3. copy it to /usr/share/templates/.source/ as root to replace the existing file

More detailed methodology is in the link commented above by Astur!