Creating page break from template?

Hi, I need to create several (hard to say now how much) pages with description about product. Trying to do this is in one file, but the problem is when I’m adding a page break, the new page doesn’t copy the template of the document. Every page must look the same including text, image, tables, etc. - my work is just to fill some fields with measurements.

Normal I created new file from template for every product, but that create a too many files. Other time I copy and pasted page content, but this time I have too many items to do that.

I believe there must be a better way to do that.

Thanks in advance.

It’s hard to tell without a document where the problem lies. Upload a shortened file (maybe 3 pages) here, where the problem is present.
You may also upload the template here. Thank you.

My guess: Right click on the page style from the first page and select “Modify” in the Organiser tab, the line “Next style:” should contain the same as for “Name:”

Szablon.odt (10.2 KB)
Let say template look like this (Of Course in original there is much more text, images etc… ), this is fresh one template document for test. Now when I add page break I need to copy these elements and add to the new created page.

Answering your question, name and the next style are the same.

Well now it becomes clear to me, you want the same content over and over again on every page.

My approach:

Reduce to one page.
In the menu Edit>Select All.
Copy everything with Ctrl+C.
Put the cursor at the end and create a page break.
With Ctrl+V paste the content on page 2, etc.

Attached a document with 5 pages that you can use as an additional template.

77493 HB Szablon.odt (12,7 KB)

Annotation:
A page template is not content-related, only formatting-related.

“Normal I created new file from template for every product, but that create a too many files. Other time I copy and pasted page content, but this time I have too many items to do that.”

I have over 1000+ items at this moment, is there an option to automate this copy past process, so I can focus just to fill data?.

Like when I press enter on the end of the page, it creates “ready to go” page from temple with all the content I need.

I have over 1000+ items at this moment,…

For such a task you should use a database.
There you can create such a document with the report screen.
The quantity you specify probably cannot be handled manually.

Once you create it, the number doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Sure, I will reconsider that.
For now, thanks for your time and, help.

Have a good day.

2 Likes

As @Hrbrgr suggests, create a database to describe your products in a "table’ with properties stored in “columns”. You can then use Base (instead of Writer) to create reports with the built-in report generator. The report will be based on a template (which can be set up graphically) where fields will be taken from the database. The template will be duplicated over and over, one copy per product.

The report can be output in various formats .odt, .pdf, …

1 Like

@ajlittoz nice to have you back. :smiley: