Creating pdf form with drop down menu in draw

I’m trying to make an editable pdf form for my staff to fill out for each orders as they are completed.
I did the layout in illustrator and then added the editable text blocks in draw but I can’t seem to get the drop down menu ( next to the work “product” ) to work.

I’m also having a hard time figuring out how to change the font and alignment of the fillable text blocks.

I want to make it as simple as possible for my staff to use so they can simply fill it out in acrobat.

I created a database in base and exported it into my project folder but every time I go to click on it, it just gives me a windows warning sound.

another thing I would like to be able to do would be to have a button ( the plus button on the lower right side) to add pages to the document and auto generate the page number and page count so it would read " box 2 of 3"

not sure what I’m doing wrong, or if the add page button is even possible.
any help would be appreciated

let me know if you need more details,

I guess you never checked, what is possible in pdf? The problem is, the pdf has to work on any computer with a pdf-reader, but without LibreOffice. So several options, wich require LibreOffice are not available in a pdf.

PDF is extendable by programming in javascript - a bit like programming macros for LibreOffice. However LibreOffice is no IDE to integrate Scripts in PDF. You may try this in scribus, but you need to find/programm the necessary scripts…

Some links:
One to a listbox for pdf:
https://answers.acrobatusers.com/ListBox-values-q120860.aspx
and here some pictures in a similiar question in german:
https://de.openoffice.info/viewtopic.php?p=297004&sid=255f6ea1c7d47f13ae0884d4e125db8f#p297004

I don’t think it is easy to connect to a database from a pdf…

My suggestion would be to read on “stand-alone”-forms in base. This can hide most of the database from your people. But first you should check, how everybody can access the database in your network.

1 Like