Cross-Computer Video Files In an Impress Presentation?

I have a presentation in Impress that I would like to give that contains video files.

They load in fullscreen on my Manjaro linux computer, but fail to load when I transfer it to a new manjaro virtual machine and fullscreen it.

Why is this? Gstreamer is installed on the manjaro box. Are the video files not saved in the presentation (and instead as file paths on my host machine)?

… this depends on your setting made during Insert -> Audio or Video
Insert-Video-Audio-Link-2021-09-07-184026

If you want to embed the files, deactivate that option (which is ticked by default in my version 7.2.0.4)

1 Like

Is there any way to modify an already existing video that was inserted, like a toggle for “link status” or something?

I’m not aware of such method, but my Impress knowledge is limited.

1 Like

Hmm, I tried not inserting as a link, saved the file and sent it to the virtual machine, but the result was the same :smiley:

1. You can simply unzip your .odp (all ODF files in fact are ZIP containers) and you may find a subfolder Media within the zip file, which shows any Audio or Video file embedded. If there is not such subfolder, no media files (audio or video) are embedded (images appear in subfolder Pictures).

2. There is no guarantee that you only face 1 problem at a time. In that sense: Did you try to transfer your video file(s) to your virtual instance and do they play there (independently from LibreOffice)?

3. I made a comment about “Are the video files not saved in the presentation” only. That’s why I did not “Suggest a solution”

1 Like

Ah, yes, I see now that only some of the media files are actually saved in the odf.

Yes, the video files play independantly of the .odf file. They have volume as well.

Thanks for the advice :slight_smile: