Ctrl-H not working

Control H to find and replace is not working in this version, it doesn’t even show on the edit menu.

Version: 6.4.2.2
Build ID: 1:6.4.2-0ubuntu3

Hello,

this seems to be dependent on the UI language

Using german UI: CTRL+ALT+F on Ubuntu works.
Using English (USA) UI: No shortcut assigned: Perform

• Tools -> Customize... -> Tab: Keyboard
  • Assure [o] Writer is selected in the upper right corner of the dialog
  • Scroll Down to CTRL+H in pane labeled Shortcut Keys
  • Add Find & Replace into the Functions field
  • Click button Modify (shortcut CTRL+H should appear in pane Keys)
  • Click OK
  • Test

Tested LibreOffice

Version: 6.4.2.2, Build ID: 1:6.4.2-0ubuntu0.19.10.3
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3; 
Locale: de-DE (de_DE.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US; Calc: threaded

Hope that helps.

If the answer helped to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.

It’s set to English (UK) as it always has been. If ^H has been removed it’s a bug and I’ll report it as such. I can’t imagine that it was intended to remove a control key that has been used for this purpose in many applications for several decades.

I’ve now seen your update and tried your solution - it works, thanks! Perhaps LO has done something
which means that UK English has been given a US English setting.

En version française, j’ai le même problème, non résolu avec votre proposition

See the shortcut in the menu.
fr:
Voir le raccourci dans le menu.
imagen

@romain several remarks:

• don’t use an answer when it is not one (n’utilisez pas une réponse quand ce n’en est pas une)
  • always mention OS name and LO version (indiquez toujours nom OS et version LO)
  • since this may be related to specific distribution configuration, tell us where you got LO from (comme ce peut être lié à la configuration du package d’installation, indiquez d’où vient votre version de LO)

By default, Ctrl+F and Ctrl+H are shortcuts for find and find & replace fonctions in practically all languages (unless of course package maintainers or translators decided otherwise).

1 Like