CTRL+Home not working

Even if I try to modify the keyboard settings in Tools → Customise → Shortcut Keys, I cannot get CTRL+Home to go to the beginning of the document in LO Writer 6.1.5.2 (x64). I have tried assigning other shortcuts, like CTRL+PgUp to “To Beginning of Document”, but nothing works. CTRL+Home behaves like this: on first pressing: nothing; on second pressing: goes to end of paragraph!

CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: default; Locale: en-GB (it_IT); Calc: group threaded

Thanks for any hints, bye, Gabriele

Does it work in other LO modules, for example, Calc?

Does it work in other applications?

I think the problem is with Sections. I have created a document with sections, and I see that CTRL+Home works like this:

1. Cursor INSIDE a section: on pressing CTRL+Home ONCE the cursor goes to the beginning of the Section, not the Document (likewise CTRL+End goes to the end of the Section, not the end of the doc).
  2. Cursor INSIDE a section: on pressing CTRL+Home TWICE the cursor goes to the beginning of the Document (likewise CTRL+End TWICE sends the cursor to the end of the doc).
  3. Cursor OUTSIDE a section: on pressing CTRL+Home ONCE (or more) the cursor correctly goes to the beginning of the Document (CTRL+End correctly goes to the end of the doc).
  4. If the document uses Hidden sections, CTRL+Home is erratic, as stated in my original post: on first pressing nothing happens; on second pressing it goes to the end of the paragraph…

It must be a bug…

It must be a bug…

Well - the #4 in your description (“If the document uses Hidden sections, CTRL+Home is erratic, as stated in my original post: on first pressing nothing happens; on second pressing it goes to the end of the paragraph…”) looks indeed like a bug; please file it to bug tracker, along with a sample document to reproduce, and specific steps required (e.g., at which position in your sample a cursor needs to be to see that). Thanks - and great you nailed this down.

Note that there are other cases when Ctrl+Home (expectedly) doesn’t bring you to the beginning of the document: e.g., in a table, first Ctrl+Home moves you to start of current cell; second - to the start of the very first cell in this table; and third - to beginning of the document. Nested tables and sections will add to that.

To the beginning of the document you press CTRL+Pos1

What is “Pos1” ?

According to the LO Help, Ctrl+Home is ‘go to the beginning of the document’.

Exactly. But it does not always work: I have noticed it works for me in other documents, but not one with sections. That seems to be the problem: having sections. But why should it NOT work if your document has sections?

Sorry, the thame as “Home”.

Sorry, the thame as “Home”.

Gotcha, thanks.