Dark theme - text in text box appears black (on black background) when trying to edit

I have set up my installation to have a dark coloured UI. The page background is black and the font colour is “automatic”, appearing white on screen and black if printed out. The problem is if I click inside the text box to edit the text, the text appears to turn black which is invisible on a black background. Why is it doing this?

The screenshots below show the text box when the cursor is not in the text box for editing and below that, the cursor is active in the text box for editing (causing the text to become invisible).

LibreOffice 7.4.6.2, Windows 10.

LibreOffice 7.4 was introducing dark mode but it was still work in progress. I suggest to upgrade to the latest Still version (second one of the two), currently 7.5.9, Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft

You mention a “text box”? Why so? What is your purpose?
Writer is intended to manage a text flow, i.e. an ordinary text made of paragraphs. This text flow can be laid out in multiple ways.
Text boxes are only offered as “decoration” and exhibit much lower formatting capabilities. They should be avoided if not really necessary.

A text box seems to be the quickest and most reliable way to achieve vertical centre alignment of text.

It depends on the document purpose. Labels? In which case you can use the wizard or, much simpler, you create a table and you request center vertical alignment.