Data Content Could Not be Loaded - HSQLDB

I did a search for this error message before posting, but my problem seems different to those the search turned up:

I start off with a VERY basic query

As shown, it works. But when I tick the “Visible” check box for the Grouping field, I get

Sure enough the actual SQL has been changed, and now reads

SELECT COUNT( “Coun” ) AS “ID”, “NETWORK” FROM “MasterlistGenre” GROUP BY "NETWORK"

If I edit in SQL and correct it to
SELECT COUNT( “ID” ) AS “ID”, “NETWORK” FROM “MasterlistGenre” GROUP BY "NETWORK”

Then save it and close, when I double click on the query it works as expected, and opening in Design View it looks as expected.

However, if I press f5 from within that Design View, I get the same error message

And the SQL has again been mangled. Why is this happening, and how do I fix it?

Version: 7.2.0.1 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 32efc3b7f3a71cfa6a7fa3f6c208333df48656cc
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19043; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-NZ (en_NZ); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL

In case there was some sort of data corruption, I started from scratch creating a new odb file, with only 19 records to test. EVERYTHING happened the same. Rather than post a string of identical screenshots, I’ll share one small detail I actually forgot from my initial post.

This screenshot shows that when I first attempt to create the query with both “Visible” checkboxes selected, it generates a “syntax error in SQL statement” - this means I can’t see or edit the SQL to find out what’s wrong with it, unlike the “data content could not be loaded” error which does let me save the file then edit the SQL for a temporary, run once fix.

As is probably obvious, this is right at the beginning of my database construction, so having it break down here means further development is stalled. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this will be received with profound gratitude.

EDIT:

I have been using the tutorials at LibreOffice: Base - Homepage

for practice and to see the SQL used there. When I edit the SQL code for the Grouping query shown in the video, it works:

SELECT COUNT( “tbl_Employees”.* ), “tbl_Employees”.“Department” FROM “tbl_Employees” GROUP BY “Department”

generates this:
noggod

BUT, once again, if I open the Query in Design view I get the Syntax error message shown above.

I can’t produce any buggy behavior as you get with the queries.
Note: You are using LO 7.2.0.1 - first release candidate of LO. My System here: OpenSUSE 15.2 64bit rpm Linux with LO 7.2.0.4

2 Likes

That “.03” made all the difference - going from 7.2.0.1 to 7.2.0.4 has fixed it, the query generates properly and runs correctly. THANK YOU! :pray: