Data Pilot rounds row fields. How do you maintain accuracy?

Column for row data has two decimal places. Data pilot truncates and / or rounds these to nearest integer.

How do you keep this from occurring?

Data Pilot is a tool designed to work with OpenOffice. There is no guarantee that it will work correctly with LibreOffice, even though it arises from the same philosophy driving both programs.

@lastm : The apparent rounding might be just for display. Can you change the field format in DataPilot to show more decimal places??

@ve3oat: Yes. I’ve even changed the format of the style, “Pivot Table Category” to have two decimal places in its “Format code”. CTRL-M over the whole integers will change the display to include “.00” but the original data is gone. Very strange indeed.

When I first posted this message, I just delete all of the existing pivot tables created in OpenOffice and redid them in LibreOffice which was enough to finish the work. Today, the same thing occurred with another project.

After experimenting with the input, it seems that all of the input must be in the same numerical format. Our chart of accounts does not have a unified data type. Some accounts have an integer for an account number and the sub-accounts have decimal values off of the main integer-based account list.

Conditional formatting allows these to display as they should with decimal-gbased accounts as decimals and integers as integers. It seems that LibreOffice ignores this and simply assigns the first data-type encountered to the entire column. So, if a column begins with an integer, the rest of the data is treated as such. If a decimal, all are treated as decimals.

I’ll have to test that theory further, but that’s what it seems is happening. It works now, even if the source table is not formatted correctly with a three digit integer being displayed in decimal form, i.e., 543 displays as 543.00 in order to have the actual decimal values recognized in the resulting pivot table.

Thanks for your help. Not sure if there is anything I can do to remedy this.