Date formats in xlsx, xlsm files

When editing and saving file which was originally created in Ms Office (I am preparing xlsx format fiels, so MS Office users can open and view), formats dates are not remebered after saving, other than Default English date format, in xlsx and xlsm saved format files. Example is Serbian Lat, dd.mm.yyyy. I set Sebian Lat date in xlsx or xlsm, save and close. When workbook is reopened, it is again reveresed to English default.

XLS(X) formats don’t allow to store a cell language. The format itself lacks this ability. Thus, your cell language format setting gets lost in the format (this is why there’s a warning before saving to foreign formats).

You can avoid setting the language, and only use format codes to get what you need (it wouldn’t work with things like MMMM, of course).

Not sure what you explained, but it seems it can be solved. With difference to older versions of Libre Office on Linux, this version is very good. Macros are working, and formats could be reconciled with Ms Office. It could be worked wouthout paying license and still opened in MS Office, with the same format look.

I must add that I liked many funcionaltes better in Libre Office (remembering copied selection of cells etc, and got used to work in it. although Microsoft imporved remebering of copied selection in 365 version).

It seems this is fine in almost all cells, it happens now only in some cells with certain long formulae. I ll fix with additional text formula