DAVHLPR.DavGetHTTPFromUNCPath NETAPI32.dll

Hi, I’ve been looking for months for a solution to this bug and in the end I get nothing and I end up installing openoffice.

Every time I install libreoffice and I want to open it I get the following error:

soffice.bin - Can’t find the entry
point

The entry point of the
DAVHLPR.DavGetHTTPFromUNCPath
procedure is not found in the
NETAPI32.dll dynamic link library.

(Translated from spanish Windows 7)

I downloaded netapi32.dll and tried to paste it into system32 but it is already there and I don’t have permission to change it and being an administrator and opening the file browser as such.

Any ideas?

DavGetHTTPFromUNCPath should be present in NETAPI32.dll at least since Windows Vista (see MS documentation), so if you don’t have if in your Windows 7, it indicates that your OS is broken. My personal take in such a situation is to reinstall Windows.

Looks like its a typical m$ bug “invalid error report”. The NETAPI32.DLL with the same architecture as soffice.bin => mergedlo.dll (=> NETAPI32.DLL) and all dependencies is available.

In my win7 embedded, LibreOffice started successfully after installing the “Remote client” feature through DISM.

Actual cause was missing DAVHLPR.DLL from the “Remote client” optional win7 feature package. The only tool, properly reported the root cause, was Dependency Walker.

In case “sfc /scannow” succeeds, “Remote client” is installed but LibreOffice fails with this error, the other dependencies could be missing.
Dependency Walker helps to find these missing dll-s. Then a file search inside win7 distribution share *.cab-s ({win7emedded Installation CD}\DS\Packages…) finds the feature packs containing the dll-s. The required feature packages can be added into system using DISM(DismUI is a good choice). Good luck!