Default English-locale shortcuts − configuration file available?

LibreOffice has different default shortcuts depending on the application language (at least if it is initialised in German). But I want the English-locale shortcuts experience rather than that of the default German. Shortcut files can seemingly be saved and loaded under Extras −> Configuration (“Anpassen”). But I did not find any of these locale-default configuration files on the internet.

For example, Ctrl+b does not produce bold text with the German shortcuts − instead controlling justification (B for “Blocksatz”, which means justification). It is instead Ctrl+Shift+f (F for “fett”, meaning bold).

If you have LibreOffice Writer in English and have not changed the default shortcuts, I would greatly appreciate if you could export a shortcuts configuration file.

Call the keyboard configuration and backup the German shortcuts in a config file.
Switch to English UI language, restart and save the English shortcuts in a config file.
Switch back to German UI language, restart and load the English shortcuts from the config file.

3 Likes

Thank you for this simple suggestion. I didn’t think changing the UI language would affect shortcuts after initial launch.