Default Paper Size

If any developers can hear me, please make the default paper size A4 instead of Letter.

It took some frustration to finally find and try this three-step fix to the problem: How do I change the default page size from letter to A4

I am not a Developer but if I recall Default paper size is determined by your Locale. So In the USA unless you set up a Template that says otherwise your Default would be Letter size but in the UK it would be A4.

2 Likes

I’d read that too during my struggles, but my printer seemed to have the default set correctly.

What worked was the three step solution linked above:

• styles
  • print settings
  • create a default template

Locale is a setting in LibreOffice. Normally, it is detected during download or installation from your computer settings. If your computer is set to a different location than you are in, then you might have to change the setting in LibreOffice.

Click Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages and in the field Locale setting set it to your locale.

You might also check your default language for documents on the same page.

I assume this list of Letter size countries is similar to the list LO uses to set Letter paper size instead of A4, Letter (paper size) - Wikipedia

It is a user related setting. You not need developers for this task.

1 Like